- You heard about this course and now you are reading course material. Whatever your motivations are, here you will find information about Python and 3D modelling program Blender, but also new ideas how to use computers and software at school or just for fun. Very important, the course is prepareing you for the next programming contest! Take your time and read the following few chapters to get the best experience.
Use this course material, have fun!
Tell other people about this course material.
If you have an idea to add or improve the material, then we won't stop you.
At the beginning
In 2012 at the »PyCon DE« in Leipzig an proposal to establish a programming contest was discussed. It should teach young people Python, our preferred programming language and one we use in our jobs. Soon, the conference was over but nothing happened!
In march 2013, Peter Koppatz asked Reimar Bauer at the »Linuxtag« in Berlin about the progress with the idea of a programming contest. Reimar answered that nothing had happened since Leipzig!
So Peter presented the idea to combine programming with python and building 3D worlds. Still skeptical, Reimar listened to Peter and he recognized the huge potential of this idea. And so the stone began to roll. Now the first competition is over. And its success is motivation to improve the course material and prepare a version that can easily translated to other languages.
Hall of fame
People who help to create and improve this course material will be honored in our list of names (alphabetical order):
- Anderson, Tony -- translation
- Babenia, Anatoli -- translation, pulishing on read the docs
- Bauer, Reimar -- coordinator, author
- Bestwalter, Oliver -- translation
- Boscaini, Maurizio -- translation
- Devouassoux Marion -- translation
- Fabula, Thomas -- community relation
- Fuhrmann, Frauke -- rewiew
- Jens, Horst -- testing, marketing
- Koppatz, Peter -- coordinator, author
- Krasnitzky, Marcus -- testing
- Lubbe Laura. M. van der - translation
- De Leyn, Maxime - translation
- Meijer, Joroen -- development gui
- Pratz, Valentin -- testing, author
- Retel, Joren -- testing, author
- Stross-Radschinski, Armin -- marketing
- Trabucci, Stefania -- Design
- Wais, Alexander -- testing
- Weidlich, Isabel -- consultation (3D Printer)